Lucky Star – Delicious recipes
Chinese Fried Rice
– 1 1/3 cups Long-grain rice cooked and cooled
– 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
– 1 Onion, medium size
– 4 Spring onions
– 1*250g Piece of ham
– 2 tablespoons Peanut oil
– 1/4 cup Frozen green peas
– 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
– 250 g Small shrimps, cooked and peeled
– Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
– Cut the onion into 8 wedges.
– Cut the spring onions into short lengths of the diagonal shape.
– Cut the ham into very thin strips.
– Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the eggs, pulling the set egg towards the center and tilting the pan to let the unset egg run to the edges.
– When the egg is almost set, break it up into large pieces so it resembles scrambled eggs.
– Transfer to a plate and set aside.
– Heat the remaining oil in the wok, swirling to coat the base and side.
– Add the onion and stir-fry over high heat until it starts to turn soft and transparent.
– Add the ham and stir-fry for 1 minute.
– Add the rice and peas and stir-fry for 3 minutes until the rice is heated through.
– Add the eggs, soy sauce, spring onion and shrimps.
– Heat through and serve hot.
Note: If possible, cook the rice a day ahead and refrigerate it overnight. This makes the grains separate and the fried rice will not be so soggy.